| CLIENT ISSUE|| OUR SOLUTION / SERVICES|
"What is Speech Recognition? What is it used for and where?"
|We explain to you the different underlying Language Technologies available, including the related Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) and Machine Learning (Neural Networks, Deep Learning) methods used, identify the relevant technology providers and point you to examples of speech-enabled applications and services relevant to your industry and vertical.|
|"Could I introduce speech in my existing services and legacy / touchtone IVRs and how?"||We analyse your existing CRM channels, Call Centre processes and any IVRs you may have in place and specify those sub-processes and channels that would benefit from voice automation, those that should use a mixture of both speech and touchtone / DTMF (and where in the call flow exactly), but also those processes that shouldn't be touched!|
|"OK, I have decided I want to introduce speech in our CRM channels. How do I get going?"|
- We carry out Discovery Workshops with you, trying to understand your existing CRM processes and your target caller types.
- We study your existing marketing strategy and the company branding and conceptualise and specify the most appropriate IVR persona for brand consistency and stickiness.
- We design detailed Call Flows representing your business and application logic, including error recovery and repair strategies to deal with misunderstandings and unexpected input or behaviour.
- We carry out Wizard-of-Oz (WoZ) tests before any prototype is developed and Usability tests after the first prototype has been developed to gauge the acceptability and effectiveness of the new speech interface among your target caller groups.
- We specify all the different system prompts, i.e. everything that your IVR may need to say to the caller at any one point (including error messages)
- We identify the most appropriate voice talent(s) to record all those IVR messages (if you are against Text-to-Speech / TTS) and sit down with them at the studio and coach them through the recordings in order to get the right communication style and tone of voice.
- We write speech recognition grammars trying to capture all the things that the majority of your callers are likely to say at any one point in the dialogue.
- We carry out design logic and functionality tests in order to identify any bugs, errors and inconsistencies in the logic, the IVR message wording, the pronunciation or the recognition grammars.
- We provide tuning services of any of the above that need optimising (prompts, pronunciations, grammars, repair strategies and speech recognition parameters).
|"We have actually already started introducing speech in our IVR, but now need to ensure the usability and effectiveness of the design, the recognition grammars and the system prompts."||We review all your current call flows and VUI designs, IVR prompts and speech recognition grammars and check for: inconsistencies
and holes in the application logic or the system message wording, unnecessary complexities in
the call flow or the prompt formulation, superfluous and missing steps, overgeneration and grammars with incomplete coverage. We optimise the original design (e.g. the order of questions to the caller), reword system prompts and tune speech recognition grammars and ASR parameters. |
|"We already have a speech IVR in production. We now want to improve its usability and acceptability, improve call completion rates, and shorten call duration times."||As above: we review all your existing call flows and VUI designs, IVR prompts and speech recognition
grammars; minimise any unnecessary complexities and superfluous steps in
the call flow and optimise the order of questions to the caller; simplify and polish the prompt wording; eliminate overgeneration and tune the recognition grammars and, if needed, the ASR parameters.|
Those observations, recommendations and modifications are also based on our independent testing of your IVR and an analysis of live caller recordings using Speech Analytics Software, provided by you or us.
|"We already have a live speech IVR. We now want to
quickly identify and resolve any recognition or usability issues."||We manually listen to and analyse live calls that you have recorded from your system (Speech Analytics) and also carry out our own independent testing to come up with a list of urgent recommendations for modifications, additions or things to take out with an immediate positive effect but without any repercussions on the IVR as a whole. For instance, a slight change in the wording of an IVR message may get rid of the need to change the whole recognition grammar at that step! Or deactivating barge-in at certain points in a call may immediately improve speech recognition accuracy, because the system will be processing complete caller utterances and not just their .. endings! |
| Your Query / Issue?||We always make sure we provide both short-term (easy to implement) recommendations and longer-term solutions at your disposal, depending on your time and budget constraints!|